I’m at home and will be using more energy – have you got any energy saving tips?
There’s no special secret to saving energy – it’s all the sensible things you already know. Try and use less, only use what you need and remember to turn things off. These are the basic principles and even though it seems like they won’t make a difference, they can really add up!
Here’s a few good ones:
- Take the time to set your heating and hot water to come on and off when you need them
- Heat only the areas of your home that need heating
- Have a quicker shower
- Only fill the kettle up with the amount of water that you need
- Try and use your washing machine less
- Check for draughts and areas where you can insulate better – keeping that heat in